Owner/Director Ronald Rovers, some highlights:
chair and organiser 1 st World conference Sustainable Building (SB2000, Maastricht)
co-founder iiSBE, International NGO: int.initiative for Sustainable Built environment
honorary member of the Chinese academy for Science and Technology, Wuxi, PRChina
expert missions for UNDP, OECD, Nuffic
guest lecturing, in Prague, Zurich, Aachen, Guimaraes (Pt), Hasselt(Be),
advisor to central European countries accession for the EU “90ties”
advisor to Ministry of construction , PR China, for Sustainable Building development 2003-2006
Research leader for the pan European ministers of housing conference, 2002
founder and Editor in Chief, Int Magazine ‘Sustainable Building’, 2000-2004
initiative and design demonstration house from recycled materials, 1995 (Dutch IBC environmental award)
Book: Sustainable Housing, a conceptual approach , 2006 ISBN: 978-90-8594-020-3
RiBuilT is the research area, which explores zero impact built environments, 0 for energy, materials, water and food, that is to operate within defined system limits. Maxergy and Embodied Land (c) is the model and calculation method for absolute fysical impacts (compensation). Urban Harvest + is the approach to asses urban environments vitality, the potential of a district to operate under stress. The total is positioned as “The concept of 0 ” . (See downloads)
= Guest Lectures, workshops and short courses
= Conceptual design and design guidelines
= Ambition and vision strategy development
= Partner in research projects
= Guided tour organisation
= consultancy for Sustainable Building and urban environmental management
= educational program development
= Training / workshops aiming at transferring knowledge and capabilities.
The main focus is to provide a clear and honest picture of sustainability and resource-performance of buildings and built environments, as a basis to make decisions on design and investments, within the conditions set by local climates and cultures. In research and projects over the years many new insights have been developed in how to create real reduction in impacts from resource use, in energy as well as in materials, water and land management. Both the Global and local circumstances are taken into account, leading to creative and innovative solutions. These are translated into a practical built environment approach: as guidelines, project briefs , key performance indicators.
The knowledge is spread via publications, public lectures, workshops and invited presentations, nationally and internationally, for a broad variety of stakeholders and institutions.
The project related activities cover a large variety in the whole spectrum of sustainable development: Developing assessments based on resource management, defining the terms of reference for a building project or Urban development , as well as product development in bamboo construction and concepts for sustainable community development.
- office development in Iran: design guidelines and terms of reference for the project: workshops, research, and project brief.
- preparation and shared moderating of the IEA Future Buildings Forum conference, AgentschapNL & ministry of economic affairs
- (team) work for the Ministry of Construction in China, exploring the introduction of Sustainable Building: workshops, policy analyses, tool development.
- local community value study Zaanstad The Netherlands: How can unemployed people create value from their direct built environment, in terms of energy water and food harvests, and more.
- documentation of global green and successful policy examples for The Canadian Government.
- assignment for the EU-China program, to assist Shenzhen City in developing new Urban districts in a sustainable way.
- community development in Iran coastal area, as a workers village for the Industry: Sustainable community development: total project: local analyses, concept design, materialisation, energyplan, social community strategy.
- project tours with foreign experts groups in The Netherlands
- invited key note presentations : 2013: SB13 Czech republic and SB13 Portugal ; Florence Architecture Forum, IEA Future Buildings Forum, and others.
- Speaker invited for several companies events
- advisor/consultant for new bachelor and master courses.